Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s alleged penchant for prostitutes has landed him into another prostitution scandal after an underage aspiring Moroccan model claimed she had sex with him at his villa in Arcore, near Milan, in return for a “cash gift”.
The 17-year-old, identified only as ’RubyR’, apparently made the allegations when she was questioned in May by investigators in Milan in connection with the theft of cash from a friend’s apartment. Facing deportation, she pleaded with her captors to let her off, telling them she knew the 74-year-old prime minister and that she had been to a number of parties at Berlusconi’s home between last year and this spring.
Ruby R claimed that Emilo Fede, a Berlusconi confidante who is the news director of Berlusconi’s Mediaset’s Channel 4, first accompanied her to Berlusconi’s villa for a February 14 Valentine’s Day party which was attended by about 20 young women and only two men – Fede and Berlusconi. She also revealed that she had visited the conservative premier’s Villa San Martino on two other occasions. She reportedly admitted she had lied about being over 18.
Emilio Fede, while acknowledging that he had met Ruby a few times at Berlusconi’s villa, denied that he had introduced Ruby to the 74-year-old Berlusconi.
Emilio Fede is now under investigation on charges of procuring prostitutes.
Prostitution is not illegal in Italy – as long as it is not organised and the sex worker is over 18 years old.
Because of her age, the allegations have been described in the Italian press as a potential “sex scandal” and have drawn comparisons with the case of Patrizia D’Addario, the callgirl who claimed last year she had slept with Berlusconi at another of his villas in Rome, and Noemi Letizia, the underwear model whose 18th birthday Berlusconi attended.
But the prime minister’s lawyers said in a statement that the reports of “alleged statements made by ‘Ruby’ in relation to events at the home of Berlusconi are completely unfounded”.
Berlusconi is not under investigation and magistrates are wary of Ruby’s claims. They say her claims have been contradictory at times and warn that they could be an attempt at promotion from a woman wanting to break into modelling.
The Italian premier responded to the reports by saying that they were “media trash.”
Asked about the investigation Thursday during a press conference about the garbage crisis in Naples, Berlusconi quipped: “I’m here to talk about real trash. Media trash I leave to you.”
The media-magnate-turned-politician has been embroiled in a series of sex scandals – including one in May 2009 when his wife, Veronica Lario, announced her intention to divorce after reports that Berlusconi had attended the birthday party of Noemi Letizia, an 18-year-old lingerie model. Lario also accused her husband of ‘frequenting’ underage women, a charge the premier denied.
And in June 2009, a self-described escort, Patrizia D’Addario, alleged she spent the night with Berlusconi at his residence in Rome. D’Addario later published a book, in which she revealed details about the time she spent with the Italian PM and praised him for his sexual stamina, saying that he “deserved a place in the Guinness Book of Records”.
After the D’Addario scandal, Berlusconi got involved in another sex scandal, this time for sharing bed with 3 girls. 38-year-old Maria Teresa de Nicolo, who worked as a prostitute told prosecutors that Berlusconi has given her presents after she shared a bed with him and two other women.
De Nicolo is one of the numerous women who have claimed they have been paid by a businessman to attended dinners at the Italian PM’s private residence in Rome in the period of 2008-2009. She has also stated that she received EUR 1 000 from the Italian businessman Gianpaolo Tarantini, who is under investigation for alleged corruption in the health service in the south-eastern region of Puglia.
Berlusconi has said he is ‘no saint,’ but denied ever paying for sex. Huh?
Honestly, do you believe this guy? Hahaha!